our team from www.os-epro.org is currently having a programing camp in
Upperaustria.

We develop an eprocurement system based on XUL / PHP and Mysql. Currently we
are creating some "data-aware" XBL bindings
that will communicate with a datasender_xml.php file - which acts as a
Gateway to the application logic that is implemented with PEAR DataObjects.
In cases that we need multiple datarows retreived and shown at the same
time, we use RDF. For singlerow Forms we use a costum XML dialect.
Client-side javascript (in xbl bindings) parses it and presents the data to
the user.

We have not yet decided on how to send data back to the server - whether we
pack it up in an XML on the XUL client side and then unpack it in PHP - or
just send it back as variable=value pairs via GET or POST. (What is best
pratice in this case?)

The product is due at the end of january and will be posted at
sourceforge.net/projects/epro  (it is LGPL)

the xblbindings contain elements like dataaware dropwdown, datafrom and
dataconnection - elements that make it easy to create new data based
applications with XUL + appropriate Backend + MySQL.

johannes