On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 02:12, Gerald Bauer wrote:

>   What's your take? Do you agree with Josh that
> Microsoft has given up on HTML and Internet Explorer
> and wants to replace the Web's de facto standards with
> its WinFX XAML offering?

My take is that if I could create cross-platform XPCOM components with
Python, or mono, then XUL would be my baby. The only thing I ever liked
about Windows programming with COM, and I suspect I'm not the only one.

The more ambitious the standard that replaces HTML, the less important
it will become - in comparison to what it can expect to be able to do
when it reaches the client computer.

My pennyworth,
Tom Weissmann