there is an http request function, but...

we use xul extensively for our applications and i am finding it most useful as the layout engine rather than the everything engine. particularly where interactivity is required.

i'd recommend that you use xul for the layout, buttons, trees - lists perhaps - depends, and then iframes with xforms or ajax style html to do the heavy lifting.

you'll get the best of all worlds.

rick

Rashmi . wrote:

I tried embedding html form tags, but when the form is submitted only the values stored in the html input tags get submitted, the values entered in XUL input does not get submitted. This is a big problem for me.

I feel that XUL is better than AJAX but, why does XUL not submit form data to the back end just like how HTML does?

*/Tei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:

    1) AJAX, the good one.
    2) embed html tags ,may work

    think in the application level. one abstraction layer up.

    On 2/19/06, Rashmi . wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to use XUL for my website's administration module. I
    was able to
    > implement a simple example where I show a text box and a button.
    >
    > Then I tried to find out information on how to submit what is
    entered in the
    > text box to the business layer and eventually to the database.
    >
    > I researched for 2 days on the internet regarding this, but it
    looks like
    > there is no straight forward way to submit a forms data when the
    web page is
    > built using XUL.
    >
    > Is this true?
    >

    > Clearly I don't completely understand the purpose of XUL. From
    what I have
    > read so far, it seems like XUL is only suited for rendering
    content and not
    > for saving user entered data.
    >
    > Please let me know what XUL can and cannot do.
    >
    > I am really looking forward to use XUL to build my website, but
    I need to

    --
    Oscar Vives
    Consultor de Software Libre