Hello.

I'm new on this mailing list, so sorry if my question had arised before in it.

Can I apply another operation over a "previously modified structure"? For
example, having this XML fragment:

<friends>
        <friend id="1">
                <name>Jose</name>
                <age>25</age>
                <phone>323145</phone>
                <city>Porto Alegre</city>
                <state>RS</state>
        </friend>
</friends>

and a XUpdate document, like this:

<xupdate:modifications version="1.0"
xmlns:xupdate="http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate";>
        <xupdate:remove select="/friends/[EMAIL PROTECTED]'1']/age"/>
        <xupdate:insert-before select="/friends/[EMAIL PROTECTED]'1']/age">
                <xupdate:element name="address">Rua X, 190</xupdate:element>
        </xupdate:insert-before>
</xupdate:modifications>

would this be possible to do?

Re-making the question: is the modification document applied atomically over
XML, or is each operation (remove, insert, ...) performed separately? I guess
that this kind of modification may appear in some cases but I don't have
conditions to test in my system.

Regards,
Fabio Zschornack.