On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 10:15 AM, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 18:49, Tom Bradford wrote:

I really believe that for XUpdate to have any overall value, it must
support some form of dynamic evaluation for the content of modification
constructs, and not just literal/static content. Some associates and I
have been developing the groundwork for a new XML query language... A
working man's query language, if you will. It's called ViXEn (Verbose
XML Expressions), is a pipeline language, and is for casual XML users
rather than developers or highly technical people. It supports both
querying and modification syntaxes. What follows are some notes that
have been written up based on our discussions.

ViXEn - Verbose XML Expressions

Sounds intriguing and interesting. Would you have some pointers for further investigation (and sharing) ?

Not yet. Any work that's happening on the language is mainly discussion that's flowing in email. I'd like to open it up, and so this may be an opportunity to move it to a public mailing list of some type. Still haven't decided the level of organization for such a project, though it's probably well known that I'd like to avoid having it be part of a larger, bureaucratic organization, such as the W3C.

--
Tom Bradford - http://www.tbradford.org/
CTO - The dbXML Group - http://www.dbxml.com/