Ok, so this has to be corrected.
I looked at some old emails in this maillinglist about namespace issues
and it turned out the most of the code to solve this present namespace
issue is already there! For the integration with Xindice
prefix-namespaceuri pairs from the xupdate document are stored and
apparantly only used by Xindice. Why the conclusion was raised that
these pairs were unnecessary for Lexus itself I do not know.

The working draft states nothing about how to a specifiy namespace uri.
In the uses case I did this:

<xupdate:insert-after xmlns:addressX="http://www.xmldb.org/address2";
select="/addresses/addressX:address">
    <address name="Jan">
      <town>Las Vegas</town>
    </address>
</xupdate:insert-after>

I this a logical thing to do? Does it conform for example with what XSLT
does? Can anyone think of another way? What are the consequences for the
DTD? Is validation (still?) a possibility? Any thoughts?

greetings,

Jeroen Breedveld

--

X-Hive Corporation