On 2011-09-14 Jonathan Nieder wrote:
>  - The version information header refers to the version of Igor
>    Pavlov's LZMA SDK used to compress (one byte major, one byte
>    minor).  The LZMA SDK never used versions in the range [5, 8], so
>    maybe some lie like "5.0" would be appropriate. ;-)

Maybe it would be better to fake a low SDK version. Maybe decompressors
check it and reject too big versions as unsupported. I'm guessing here,
I have no idea about the real-world implementations.

>  - I am not sure if the constraints on compression parameters
>    mentioned at [1] would ever trip in decompressing ZIP files.
>    Probably not in practice.  The spec doesn't mention them, alas.

The Java version doesn't support LZMA1. If it is adapted to support it,
there's no similar limit of lc + lp <= 4 as there is in liblzma
because in Java the arrays are allocated one by one.

--
Lasse Collin  |  IRC: Larhzu @ IRCnet & Freenode