Sorry about slow reply.

On 2012-07-08 Christian Schlichtherle wrote:
> The sources JAR on Maven Central seems to contain a copy of the source
> repository so that you could rebuild XZ 1.1 from it. However, this is
> not what should be in there. A sources JAR is not meant to be used for
> rebuilding the release. Instead, it should exactly match the
> directory tree of the classes JAR so that tools like an IDE can look
> up the sources by substituting the .class suffix with .java. So the
> sources JAR should just contain a top directory with the name org
> which contains the rest of the package structure for XZ 1.1

OK, thanks for reporting the bug. I didn't know this and I still don't
know where it is documented. I have hopefully fixed it in the git
repository now. I assume that -sources.jar doesn't require any manifest.

> If you want to make the source code available for rebuilding, then
> this is better done by providing an online source code repository
> (it's Git for XZ, isn't it) with a special tag for the release, say
> "xz-1.1".

Right. There is a source .zip on tukaani.org and releases have been
tagged in the git repository.

--
Lasse Collin  |  IRC: Larhzu @ IRCnet & Freenode