A few months ago, this list helped me get XZ Embedded working in a new project. I just wanted to show off the project now. :)

The overall project is to allow people to play old video game music (often called chiptunes) in their web browser using Google Chrome's Native Client framework. Since NaCl is all about adapting existing C/C++ code into web applications, I used XZ Embedded and recompressed the vast corpus of game music using XZ for delivery.

Here is the code for the project:

https://github.com/multimediamike/SaltyGME

Here is the website-- definitely check it out if you're a fan of old game music:

http://gamemusic.multimedia.cx/

And here is a write-up of some of the space savings I achieved thanks to XZ Embedded:

http://multimedia.cx/eggs/zlib-vs-xz-on-2sf/

BTW, thanks for XZ Embedded!
--
    -Mike Melanson