On 2015-05-28 Adam Walling wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Lasse Collin
> <lasse.col...@tukaani.org> wrote:
> > With the above issues fixed, I could like to commit the project
> > files and include them in XZ Utils 5.2.2. This doesn't make the
> > other MSVC thread deprecated yet: I should fix a few more warnings,
> > and perhaps xz.exe could be made MSVC compatible some day too.
>
> Everything is updated at https://github.com/adzm/xz_win now
>
> You can also grab them directly at http://adzm.net/xz_win/

Thanks! It looks good now. There are still a few unneeded headers
listed, but those should have no effect on the build itself, so they
are mostly a cosmetic problem:

    tuklib_exit.h
    tuklib_gettext.h
    tuklib_mbstr.h
    tuklib_open_stdxxx.h
    tuklib_progname.h

Getting those cleaned up would be nice but it's not essential. I will
commit your work next week.

> including a patch that fixes all warnings in MSVC2013 when building:
>
> http://adzm.net/xz_win/msvc2013_warnings.patch

Thanks. A problem is that silencing the warnings isn't always the same
thing as fixing them. For some warnings there may be a better way than
adding an explicit cast. In some cases the added casts could become a
problem later if the types of variables get changed. I will need to go
through the warnings and fix a few more, but it's likely that some will
warnings won't get silenced.

--
Lasse Collin  |  IRC: Larhzu @ IRCnet & Freenode