Dear Lasse,

On 11/2/18 9:20 PM, Lasse Collin wrote:
> On 2018-10-31 Bhargava Shastry wrote:
>>>
>>> No, I'm sorry. This is the email address to use to contact me, and I
>>> don't plan to link this address to a Google account.
>>
>> No need to apologize :)
>>
>> I didn't mean to be presumptuous.
>
> I didn't mean to imply anything like that. Sorry if there was a
> misunderstanding. I understand OSS-Fuzz is a Google project so it makes
> sense to use Google accounts for logins. (So far I only have a Google
> account to access Play Store on Android; I don't use it otherwise.)

No worries, all is good :)

>> The thing is that oss-fuzz creates
>> bug reports on Google infrastructure and hence the requirement.
>>
>> I will ask oss-fuzz folks if there is an alternative to Google-linked
>> account for viewing bug reports.
>
> Thanks. I saw your discussion here:
>
>     https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/issues/1915
>
> Just seeing bug reports (or getting some kind of notice that something
> has been found) goes a long way. :-)

Okay :)

>> After running version 2 overnight (with the corpus generated from
>> version 1), I see that v2 covers 1007 CFG edges (1% better coverage).
>>
>> I agree that version 1 is better :)
>
> Hmm OK, thanks. I was thinking if v2 with bigger buffers is worth
> considering still but I don't want to think more, so let's go with v1.

Thank you. Moving forward, we could create more fuzz targets for
different buffer sizes, or have a single target but make the buffer size
conditional on, say, the first byte of fuzzed input.

We could pick up on this thread once the initial integration with
oss-fuzz has been accepted.

> I committed these four files:
>
>     tests/ossfuzz/Makefile
>     tests/ossfuzz/config/fuzz.dict
>     tests/ossfuzz/config/fuzz.options
>     tests/ossfuzz/fuzz.c
>
> I hope they are OK.
>
> Is this all that I have to do for now? Other people will take care of
> the rest (Dockerfile and such that were in pdknsk's commit), right?

Right, I have sent a PR to this effect.

https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/pull/1919

Once this is merged, xz will be continuously fuzzed.

Thank you once again for your feedback and help on this front :)
I wish more software creators/maintainers show similar interest in fuzzing!

Regards,
Bhargava

--
Bhargava Shastry <bshas...@sect.tu-berlin.de>