Hi!

> the Debian xz-utils package builds the xzdec binary package which is
> configured as "--disable-encoders --disable-threads". With these options
> the test suite can't link due missing encoder or thread relevant
> function.
> The two patches is what I needed to get it built with these two options.
> This is for the 5.3.3alpha version.

Thank you for reporting this and for your patches. We made a few minor
changes to extend your patch to also compile and skip tests if
encoders, threads, or decoders were disabled, including the script
tests. These changes have been committed to master, so they will be
included in the upcoming 5.4.0 release. If we have another alpha or
beta release prior to 5.4.0, the commits will be included in those
releases too.
Thanks again for your help!

Jia Tan