> I think we should do those two things completely independently.
> We need to do something now to preserve the current interfaces
> for the glibc changes that are coming soon [1], and Deepa's
> patches do that (though I now realize the changelog doesn't
> mention the requirement).

I'll update the changelog in the next version of the series along with
the task check for x32 mode.

> An overhaul of the input_event handling with a new modern
> but incompatible format may or may not be a good idea, but
> this should be decided independently.

Just to clarify, we are going with the plan that Arnd suggested:
leaving the overhaul of the input event protocol alone and proceeding
with the series according to suggested changes.
Are we in agreement over this?

-Deepa