In my last benchmarks, I had almost 70% time on interactions, and I'm still curious to know why this cannot be improved, as it sounds a easy-parallelizable thing.
Hard to say without measuring that more precisely. (ESyS guys have spent 10+ years on performance however, maybe it is just easier to get familiar with what they've done instead of writing it again)

Ok, domain decomposition is clearly out of Yade scope.
About precise measurments, would valgrind give correct results in parallel runs?

Bruno

--

Chareyre Bruno

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43