From: yade-dev-bounces+fchen3=utk....@lists.launchpad.net on behalf of Bruno
Chareyre
Sent: Thu 10/8/2009 5:48 AM
To: yade-dev@lists.launchpad.net; demfl...@lists.launchpad.net
Subject: Re: [Yade-dev] Open Source DEM with LAMMPS

Hi,

Feng, I was wondering : what is the situation now regarding the
integration of your work in the current bzr version? I remember you
planned that. If it is operational, we can plan making comparisons with
another FVM-DEM coupling Emanuele Catalano is developping now.

Bruno

Chen, Feng a écrit :

> Hi, Christoph Kloss:
>
> I am so glad to see there is another code for DEM-CFD coupling since
> this has been my PhD topic, I also coupled YADE with OpenFOAM:
>
> http://fchen3.googlepages.com/discreteelementmethod
>
> I think you and I should be using the same approach originated from
> Prof. Tsuji?
>
> I would be very like to discuss some of the details with you, such as:
>
> 1. FVM size/particle size
> 2. The maximum particle number possible on a cluster
> 3. The parallel mechanism
> 4. What kind of problem/type of flow you use in your problem?
> 5. Is it easy to change/create new particle constitution laws for the
> solid phase?
> 6. Effect of different drag equations
>
> etc.
>
> Thank you for sharing your experience with us!!!
>
> Feng Chen

Chareyre Bruno
Maître de Conférences

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43