Hello Burak,

the current tetra contact algorithm is implemented by myself, but it was a
bit quick work and I am a bit afraid that there are some cases the
algorithm would not work (ar at least not properly). Anyway I think it is
possible to use it at least as a starter.

If you know contact forces and contact points, it is possible to
interpolate these forces to nodes (tetra's vertices). So what you asked
should be possible.

For the FEM like particles, do you plan to use elastic behavior, or also
some more complicated constitutive law? Recently I did some work of the
same kind, but using an external FEM program.. I will put the information
on wiki in a few days time.

cheers
Jan




2013/9/23 Burak ER <[email protected]>

> Dear Yade Developers,
>
> Salutes again. This time, I just want to know if it is possible to use
> current rigid tetra algorithms in deformable tetrahedral elements. As some
> of you would
> already know it(Especially Mr. Chareyre): I am developing individual
> deformable elements into yade.
>
> I want to use present contact algorithms that are for rigid tetra
> elements also for deformable tetra elements.I think about applying
> contact force as a surface traction or any other sensible kind of force
> type. Is it possible?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Burak ER, M.Sc. Mechanical Engineer
>
> --
> Research Assistant
>
> Mechanical Engineering Department
>
> Bursa Technical University
>
> Bursa, Turkey
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~yade-dev
> Post to     : [email protected]
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~yade-dev
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>
_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~yade-dev
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~yade-dev
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to