From: Yade-dev <yade-dev-bounces+jerome.duriez=ucalgary...@lists.launchpad.net>
on behalf of Jerome Duriez <jerome.dur...@ucalgary.ca>
Sent: September-08-16 6:02 PM
To: Yade dev
Subject: [Yade-dev] Capillary scripts

Hi there,

Attached are three .m scripts aimed at generating capillary files for use with
Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity. Obviously, the idea, discussed
previously here and there on the mailing lists, is to make this part of YADE
more "open-source". Also, there is two major differences with previous (L.
Scholtes') work:

* these scripts may generate capillary files accommodating any contact angle
value, instead of 0 previously

* they provide new output as an "orientation tensor" defined from the
fluid-fluid interface of capillary bridges. These data would constitute new
attributes of CapillaryPhys, see "nn11" and "nn33" in the attached version of
CapillaryPhys.hpp. (Note that these nn11 and nn33 can be used to get the bridge
fluid-fluid interface S as S = 2*nn11 + nn33). This is about post-processing
only.

The attached README.txt details the role of the .m files and how to use them:
interested users in the end just need to give a look to, and launch,
writesCapFile.m.

The core of the work, as usual, is solving the Laplace-Young equation for a
capillary bridge configuration. The corresponding, quite classical, equations
appear in solveLiqBridge file/function. There will be a dedicated journal paper
on this topic, currently under "Minor Revision" review.

These files are ready to be pushed to trunk, together with updated
CapillaryPhys (see attached), and Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity, in
order to read the new data (nn11 and nn33) from generated capillary files.

This email is for possible discussion before I perform the commit.

Cheers,

Jerome

PS: Vaclav, I took the liberty cc-ing you since I had once the feeling you
would be interested in such scripts. (Woo does not include any capillary
interactions at the moment, though ?)