You are speaking of the non-periodic case, aren't you?
It seems it is using the pre-processor "TriaxialTest", I can imagine that this
old lady is not giving exactly what it was years ago, then maybe the bad
results you get.
It should not be too difficult to test what the curretn code is doing, and fix
or replace by a more recent one inspired by some triaxial simulations from
example folders.
Bruno

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Yade
developers, which is subscribed to Yade.

Title:
  aperiodic randomDensePack huge overlaps and strange behavior

Status in Yade:
  New

Bug description:
  Based on question https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/473518,
  I did some simple tests using Yade 1.20.0 on Ubuntu 16.04

  ########################
  from yade import pack
  pred=pack.inAlignedBox((0,0,0),(2,1,1))
  spheres=pack.randomDensePack(pred, radius=0.1)
  O.bodies.append(spheres)
  O.step()
  print max(i.geom.penetrationDepth for i in O.interactions)
  O.bodies.append(box((1,.5,.5),(1,.5,.5),wire=True))

  I got:
  - packing smaller than predicate
  - huge overlaps: r=0.1, max penetrationDepth=0.09 (!)

  playing with cropLayers and dim parameters did not help much
  (especially concerning the overlaps).

  Am I missing something, or is the default behavior that bad?

  cheers
  Jan