Question #214773 on Yade changed:

Hello once more,

my last answer is a bit complicated.. a very simple example came to my
mind: imagine elastic contact of two bodies. According to bodies velocities
before contact, kinetic energy conservation and momentum conservation you
are able to evaluate velocities after the contact [1]. You don't care about
contact forces at all. That's why the velocities / positions are the same /
comparable

The forces depends on material (material law) and stiffness. Therefore for
different laws the forces are different.

Now it should be clear
Jan

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elastic_collision