Question #270747 on Yade changed:

Christian Jakob proposed the following answer:
Hi,

I do not fully understand your question, but I guess you want to avoid
the explosion of your model after the replacement step?! ...

In this case, please have a look at the example line 81 and following
[1]. replaceByClumps() can produce overlaps between newly created
clumps. If you have a high stiffness, the model will explode. To avoid
this you can use calm() function. calm() is used to set particle
velocities and rotations to zero (see example). Along with PyRunner it
will slowly reduce the overlaps. If your model still explodes, decrease
iterPeriod of the PyRunner.

If you want to replace just a specific part of your model you can try to
generate this specific part first, then use replaceByClumps() and
generate the rest of the model afterwards.

Hope it helps,

Christian

[1] https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/examples/clumps
/replaceByClumps-example.py#L81