Question #290950 on Yade changed:

Hello,

please read [1], especially the MWE part (there might be other problems
than stiffness)

> Can I solve this problem by increasing the Young's modulus for both the
> materials and what values should I use here ?
>  Also, wouldn't increasing the Young's Modulus for particles arbitrarily
> lead to unphysical response ?

Probably you can solve the problem by increasing the modulus of spheres.
Depending on your problem and expected result, it might be different
material, which would not be desired.

Increasing modulus of wall has limited effect. The interaction stiffness is
computed as a weighted harmonic mean of the two stiffnesses [2]. In the
case of soft sphere (E1) and inifinitely stiff wall it would result in
interaction stiffness 2*E1*r1, so anyway given by the lower value.

>  In addition, I am using O.dt=0.5*PWaveTimeStep() in my simulation. Now,
> increasing the Young's modulus would also reduce the required time step.

correct

cheers
Jan

[1] https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask