Question #292846 on Yade changed:

Hi Varun,
I meant to use clumps only for the stage of defining initial packing for
your actual simulation. The steps I meant are: 1) use makeCloud to create
aggregates
2) use randomDensePack to divide each aggregate into a set of spherical
particles
3) apply some compression to make the packing of aggregates denser

1) and 2) you do already, the rest is just to make the packing overall
denser

cheers
Jan

> Question #292846 on Yade changed:
>
> VG posted a new comment:
> Thanks for your response, Jan!
> For the generation of big aggregates, one of the procedures you suggested
> is not very clear to me:
>
> >"- use something like randomDensePack on already "meshed" aggregates, see
>  > Klaus's answer #3 in [1]"
>
> This procedure talks about creating clumps of spherical particles. As
> far as I understand, they behave in a rigid manner and probably I can't
> have breakable cohesive bonds within a clump. Also, I dint quite get
> what you mean by already "meshed" aggregates ?
>
> I will post another question about the issue with CohFrictMat.
>
> --
> You received this question notification because your team yade-users is
> an answer contact for Yade.

an answer contact for Yade.