Question #320069 on Yade changed:

Hi Bernardo,
there might be several reasons. Please provide a MWE (see [1], section 3)
thanks
Jan

[1] https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask

<https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/320069>

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to make an oedometric test but for some reasons I need the
upper plane to be a body that interacts with the spheres inside the box. I
attempted to create a box object and define its density according to the
stress I want to aply in the test. For that i used the simple equation

>  density = GoalStress * OedometerCrossSection / (gravity * BoxVolume)
>
> However, I cant achieve the stress I am seeking. I am calculating this
stress with O.forces.f(box#)/OedometerCrossSection. The interesting fact is
that even if I change the box density the calculated stress is always the
same. I first thought that the explanation to my problem was that box
objects are not affected by gravity, but I performed a simple script and
eliminated that hypothesis. Anybody knows what it could  be?

> --
> You received this question notification because your team yade-users is
> an answer contact for Yade.

an answer contact for Yade.