New question #402828 on Yade:

Dear all,

I'm modeling the direct shear box right now.

I made vertical compression of the assembly with a moving wall until the
pre-defined compressing force is reached. And then I made the shear.  However,
during the shear, the normal force deviated from the pre-defined value.

After I checked the references, I know during the shear process, the desired
compressing normal force can be  regulated to stay the same by moving the upper
plate up or down, depending on the actual compressing force value. However, how
to adjust? Anyone can give me some hints?

an answer contact for Yade.