Question #645958 on Yade changed:

rhaven gave more information on the question:
I've made only slight progress, looking at
examples/PeriodicBoundaries/periodic-grow.py for inspiration.
I added a few lines, now I see that the volume looks to be getting compressed
and much more like what I am expecting. However after only one step I get a
runtime error

Exception occured:
/build/yadedaily....../InsertionSortCollider.cpp: Body larger than half of the
cell size encountered.

How can I avoid this? I dont want to increase the simulation size
many thanks
Jesse

the code is below.

        from yade import export,ymport
        import random
        random.seed(1)

        # add walls first
        #dim = (15,15,15)
        #dim = (1.5e-6,1.5e-6,1.5e-6)
        dim = (1e-6,1e-6,1e-6)
        walls = aabbWalls(((0,0,0),(dim)))
        wallIds = O.bodies.append(walls)

        # load spheres from file, including information of their agglomerates
ids
        attrs = []
        sp =
ymport.textExt('/tmp/divided.txt',format='x_y_z_r_attrs',attrs=attrs)
        n = max(int(a[0]) for a in attrs)+1
        colors = [randomColor() for _ in xrange(n)]
        agglomerates = [[] for _ in xrange(n)]
        for s,a in zip(sp,attrs):
                aa = int(a[0])
                s.agglomerate = aa
                s.shape.color = colors[aa]
                agglomerates[aa].append(s)
        for a in agglomerates:
                O.bodies.appendClumped(a)

        O.engines = [
                ForceResetter(),
                InsertionSortCollider([Bo1_Sphere_Aabb(),Bo1_Box_Aabb()]),
                InteractionLoop(
                        [Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom(),Ig2_Box_Sphere_ScGeom()],
                        [Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys()],
                        [Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack()]
                ),
                TriaxialStressController(
                        thickness = 0,
                        stressMask = 7,
                        internalCompaction = False,
                        label = 'compressor',
                ),
                NewtonIntegrator(damping=.6),
        ]
        factor = 0.001
        print('factor = ', factor)
        O.dt = factor * PWaveTimeStep()

        # compress the sample
        compressor.goal1 = compressor.goal2 = compressor.goal3 = -1e-5
        #compressor.goal1 = compressor.goal2 = compressor.goal3 = 1e-10

        #O.run(50000,True)

        #compressor.goal1 = compressor.goal2 = compressor.goal3 = -1e-5
        #O.run(30000,True)

        cubeSize=dim[1]

        O.periodic=True
        O.cell.setBox(cubeSize,cubeSize,cubeSize)
        #O.dt=PWaveTimeStep()
        O.saveTmp()
        #from yade import qt
        #qt.Controller(); qt.View()