Question #652966 on Yade changed:

Hello,
yes, getStressAndTangent is missing because of old Yade version, 1.07 is from
2014-01

apt-get tells it is the newest version in the package repository of your
operating system (Ubuntu?). To have this functionality:
1) upgrade your system to a newer version
2) compile newer version of Yade from source (but on older system, it is likely
there will be some problems)

so option 1) is the way to go, but it may be time consuming and you
should backup all your data (I faced several times that during upgrades
I would have lost some data if I did not make backup)

cheers
Jan

an answer contact for Yade.