Question #677876 on Yade changed:

Hello Pawel,
the C++ seems ok. I think "if (I)" is not needed, would put "if(I->isReal())"
instead, but don't know all the details.

adding this line to O.engines (basically printing O.iter when the interaction
is real)
PyRunner(iterPeriod=1,command="if [i for i in O.interactions]: print O.iter"),
I got output:
3506
3507
3508
3509
3510
7839
7840
7841
7842
7843
7844
10835
10836
10837
10838
10839
10840
12857
12858
12859
12860
12861
12862
14274
14275
14276
14277
14278
14279

so the interaction is indeed not real most of the time, probably performing
some kind of "micro-bouncing".
You can test the interaction reality and if false, using zero vectors for the
forces.

cheers
Jan

an answer contact for Yade.