Question #678440 on Yade changed: https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/678440
jamespaul posted a new comment: Thank you so much,I always trouble you.I've been losing sleep over this for a few nights. Please help me.(ㄒoㄒ) >Depending on stiffness of particles, pseudo-mass of the cell, and damping, it >will oscillate more or less. Related parameters in PeriTriaxController: growDamping, mass, maxStrainRate. As young's modulus increases (6e10), how do I set these values.It's a shame that I lack knowledge of physics. I don't have any experience. I checked the documentation. 1.growDamping(=.25) Damping of cell resizing (0=perfect control, 1=no control at all); see also wallDamping in TriaxialStressController. 2.mass(=NaN) mass of the cell (user set); if not set and dynCell is used, it will be computed as sum of masses of all particles. I'm using dynCell, and I think it will compute as sum of masses of all particles automatically. 3.maxStrainRate(=Vector3r(1, 1, 1)) Maximum strain rate of the periodic cell. I set it to(0,0,0) 4.O.dt=.05*PWaveTimeStep() Should I also reduce the step size as the young's modulus increases? -- You received this question notification because your team yade-users is an answer contact for Yade. _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~yade-users Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~yade-users More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

