New question #683949 on Yade:
https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/683949

Hi all,

I have a question on the data for z position of particles.
I am trying to save z position for all particles in the simulation by using the 
code below and pyrunner.

for p in range(p_num):
       f1.write("%d\t%e\t%e\t%e\t%e\t%e\t%e\t%e\t%e\t%e\t%e\t%e\n" % 
(pkdID[p][0],p_mass[p][0],p_radii[p][0],x_pos[p][0],y_pos[p][0],z_pos[p][0],x_vel[p][0],y_vel[p][0],z_vel[p][0],x_ang[p][0],y_ang[p][0],z_ang[p][0]))
   f1.close()

I've attached some part of data for one particle.

-57.5695100000000       -59.8987800000000       -62.2748500000000       
-64.6975900000000       -67.1669000000000       -69.6826200000000       
-72.2446200000000       -74.8527100000000       -77.5067100000000       
-80.2064300000000       0.155653600000000       -82.9516500000000       
-85.7421600000000       -88.5777200000000       -91.4581100000000       
-94.3830700000000       -97.3523800000000       -100.365800000000       
-103.423100000000       -106.524000000000       -109.668400000000       
0.155660900000000       -112.855900000000       -116.086600000000       
-119.360100000000

Here, the z position decreases. It makes sense because there is only force, 
gravity with a negative z direction. but it looks like having dumb data like 
0.155653600000000. Do you have any ideas why I got these weird data? Also, 
these weird data look like having the same frequency for all particles. 

Thank you for your help in advance.

Jinny Kim




-- 
You received this question notification because your team yade-users is
an answer contact for Yade.

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~yade-users
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~yade-users
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to