New question #687977 on Yade:

Hi everyone,

I am using Ubuntu 18.04, and Yade 2019-08-08.git-775ae74
I use the Triaxial code by Bruno Chareyre [1] to understand how it works.
[1]
https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/blob/master/examples/triax-tutorial/script-session1.py
For now,
I am reading [2] for makecloud function and have some questions
[2]
https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.pack.html?highlight=sp%20makecloud#yade._packSpheres.SpherePack.makeCloud

1- why the "rMean" is negative? as I know rMean is the mean value of particle
radii it should be something like 0.2 mm

2- the way these variables are used in makecloud function is to just put them
in order and separate them by " , " ? I mean it is not possible to define:
porosity = 0.4 ? I tried it in this way and got an error.

3- in [1] we define the term "targetporosity" at the beginning of the code
while it has never been used in the scripts. What if I want to say my initial
model has a specific porosity.

My goal is to define a packing with "20mm*20mm*20mm" dimensions, initial
porosity of 0.4, 2e4 number of particles, minimum radius=0.1, and maximum
radius=0.3

4- is the following ok if I change [1] in this way?
>> sp.makeCloud(mn,mx,rMean=0.2,rRelFuzz=0.5,periodic=False,num=num_spheres,porosity=targetPorosity,seed=1)

Thank you,
bests

an answer contact for Yade.