Question #696759 on Yade changed:

weijie is still having a problem:
Hi Jan, and thank you again.

>Please try to make the codes MWE [3], W = working. Here:

Here are my codes:
#####
from __future__ import print_function
from yade import polyhedra_utils,qt

concrete = O.materials.append(CpmMat(
        young = 24e9,
        poisson =  .2,
        frictionAngle = atan(0.8),
        epsCrackOnset = 1e-4,
        relDuctility =30,
        sigmaT = 3.5e6,
))
poly1= polyhedra_utils.polyhedra(material=concrete,size=(1,1,1),seed=5)
O.bodies.append(poly1)
poly1.state.pos = (1.5,0,0)
O.engines = [
    ForceResetter(),
    InsertionSortCollider([Bo1_Polyhedra_Aabb()]),
    InteractionLoop(
        [Ig2_Polyhedra_Polyhedra_ScGeom()],
        [Ip2_CpmMat_CpmMat_CpmPhys()],
        [Law2_ScGeom_CpmPhys_Cpm()],
    ),
    NewtonIntegrator(),
]
#############

> If the situation changes significantly (sliding, rotating,...), this
easy "hack" should be replaced by a more robust approach.

I found in law2_ ScGeom_ CpmPhys_ Cpm,for sphere's  equivalent radius,
area and reflength  does not change when situation changes significantly
(sliding, rotating,...). Do you have any suggestions or references for
how to change these equivalent radii, area and refLength when situation
changes significantly?

>Just curious, are the two if branches (poly-poly and poly-sphere)
different from each other and/or different from the sphere-sphere
contact?

Now it's the same. After that, I'll think  if there is a better way.

Best regards
Jie

an answer contact for Yade.