New question #700847 on Yade:

Dear all,

Is there a way to access the friction energy dissipation contribution? and the
impact energy dissipation?  Or to put in other words, the energy that is loss
by friction and the energy that is loss by inelastic collisions?

I am using yade 2018b. And I am using the following engines with
integrators/laws:

O.engines = [
  ForceResetter(),
  InsertionSortCollider([Bo1_Sphere_Aabb(),Bo1_Facet_Aabb()],label='collider'),
  InteractionLoop(
    [Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom(),Ig2_Facet_Sphere_ScGeom()],
    [Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys(label='frict')],
    [Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack(traceEnergy=True,label='cundall')],
  ),
    GravityEngine(gravity=(0,0,-9.8)),
    NewtonIntegrator(damping=dampingCoeffCundall,label='newtonInt'),

TranslationEngine(translationAxis=[0,0,1],velocity=velocityDamp,ids=idTop,dead=False,label='translat'),

TranslationEngine(translationAxis=[0,0,1],velocity=velocityDamp,ids=idWalls,dead=False,label='translatbottom'),

TranslationEngine(translationAxis=[0,0,1],velocity=velocityDamp,ids=idBottom,dead=False,label='translatBottom'),
    HarmonicMotionEngine(A=amplitude, f=frequency , fi = initialPhase, ids =
idTop, label='combEngine',dead=True),
    HarmonicMotionEngine(A=amplitude, f=frequency , fi = initialPhase, ids =
idWalls, label='combEngine1',dead=True),
    HarmonicMotionEngine(A=amplitude, f=frequency , fi = initialPhase, ids =
idBottom, label='combEngine2',dead=True),
]

Thank you in advance!

an answer contact for Yade.