OK sorry guys false alarm, after I found this

http://www.thinkvirt.com/?q=node/181

and updated the metadata to vmware_ostype=windows7Server64Guest that
seems to have resolved the current issue and allowed it to spawn.

Thanks.

** Changed in: nova

** Changed in: openstack-vmwareapi-team

  Can't launch windows instance VMware 5.1

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
  Invalid
Status in The OpenStack VMwareAPI subTeam:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Uploaded a Windows Server 2012 image to glance with the following attributes
(same we are using for our Linux images):
  +-------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
  | Property                      | Value                                |
  +-------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
  | Property 'vmware_adaptertype' | lsiLogic                             |
  | Property 'vmware_disktype'    | eagerZeroedThick                     |
  | Property 'vmware_ostype'      | windowsGuest                         |
  | checksum                      | e4554ab96614ce8e897c1fba0742ccf0     |
  | container_format              | ovf                                  |
  | created_at                    | 2013-10-11T07:12:16                  |
  | deleted                       | False                                |
  | disk_format                   | vmdk                                 |
  | id                            | e7a874af-ce41-4d86-a80e-c675460d77de |
  | is_public                     | True                                 |
  | min_disk                      | 0                                    |
  | min_ram                       | 0                                    |
  | name                          | WS2012SQL                            |
  | owner                         | bde4b0c3645c49f9a0a2788c6685e40c     |
  | protected                     | False                                |
  | size                          | 2882216448                           |
  | status                        | active                               |
  | updated_at                    | 2013-10-11T07:13:26                  |

  nova refuses to boot the image however. The log is quite long so I've
  attached it below.

  Running Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS, everything is running Grizzly from the
  Ubuntu Cloud Archive except nova-computes
  /usr/share/pyshared/nova/virt/vmwareapi which is running from VMware
  provided source.