** Changed in: nova

** Changed in: tripleo

  Make nova baremetal support ephemeral disks

Status in Ironic (Bare Metal Provisioning):
  Triaged
Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
  Fix Committed
Status in tripleo - openstack on openstack:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Right now nova baremetal just makes root and swap partitions, we want
  it to also create 'ephemeral partitions.' This is the first step in
  being able to rebuild a baremetal instance with a new image but
  preserve the data on the ephemeral disk.

  We want the partition order to be: ephemeral swap root
  We want root last, is that we put root at the start to stop it resizing so we
could use all the space for a new  partition, but this use of ephemeral makes
that explicit. so instead having the extra space to allow root to resize will
make it safer to do takeovernode with slightly larger images.