** Changed in: ossa

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to Keystone.

  [OSSA 2013-032] Keystone trust circumvention through EC2-style tokens
  (CVE-2013-6391)

Status in OpenStack Identity (Keystone):
  Fix Committed
Status in Keystone havana series:
  Fix Committed
Status in OpenStack Security Advisories:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  So I finally got around to investigating the scenario I mentioned in
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/40444/, and unfortunately it seems
  that the ec2tokens API does indeed provide a way to circumvent the
  role delegation provided by trusts, and obtain all the roles of the
  trustor user, not just those explicitly delegated.

  Steps to reproduce:
  - Trustor creates a trust delegating a subset of roles
  - Trustee gets a token scoped to that trust
  - Trustee creates an ec2-keypair
  - Trustee makes a request to the ec2tokens API, to validate a signature
created with the keypair
  - ec2tokens API returns a new token, which is not scoped to the trust and
enables access to all the trustor's roles.

  I can provide some test code which demonstrates the issue.