Public bug reported:

When creating an instance snapshot, if such instance is deleted while in
the middle of the process, the snapshot may be left in the SAVING state
because the instance disappears in the middle of the process or moves to
the deleting task_state.

Steps to reproduce:

$ nova boot --image <image_id> --flavor <flavor> test
$ nova image-create test test-snap
$ nova delete test

The image 'test-snap' will be left in the SAVING state although it
should be deleted when we detect the situation.

** Affects: nova

** Tags: libvirt

  [libvirt] snapshots in progress are not cleaned when deleting an
  instance

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):