** Information type changed from Private Security to Public

** Changed in: ossa

  Quotas can be exceeded by making highly parallel requests

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
  New
Status in OpenStack Security Advisories:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  By making parallel API requests to create new keypairs I was able to
  create 162 keypairs when my quota only allows for 100.

  I suspect this is due to the code in Nova doing the check for how many
  keypairs the user currently has at the beginning of the request cycle,
  and if enough requests check in parallel they all return zero before
  any are created, allowing far too many to sneak through.

  I also suspect this behavior is true for any quota'd resource that
  doesn't go through the scheduler.

  This doesn't seem like a high-priority issue with the data currently
  available, but it may be potentially exploitable, hence I'm setting
  the security flag on the ticket just to be sure it gets triaged
  appropriately before we allow any malicious user on the internet to
  exceed their quotas.