Public bug reported:

The Usage summary on the overview shows information for a range of time.
However, it's not consistent: it appears some of the data is related to
the period and some of the data is related to the current status. I
think all the data should be related to the current period.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start a VM and let it idle for a while.
2. Check the Overview page, the summary data is similar to this:
Active Instances: 1 Active RAM: 512MB This Period's VCPU-Hours: 0.54 This
Period's GB-Hours: 1.27
3. Terminate the VM and revisit the Overview page

Actual results:
4. The data is like this:
Active Instances: 0 Active RAM: 0Bytes This Period's VCPU-Hours: 0.55 This
Period's GB-Hours: 1.28

Expected results:
I'm not actually sure how to make the data be useful. I think having 2 fields
related to "right now" and 2 fields related to the period is confusing. I'm not
sure if showing the total cumulative RAM used in the period is useful. Perhaps
we could leave the Instances/RAM count as is and move it to be closer to the
usage table (as the table only display current data by default, too, unless
show_terminated is specifically set - see bug 1312759).

This is somewhat related to bug 1286286.

** Affects: horizon

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon).

  Inconsistent data in the Overview Usage Summary

Status in OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon):
  Confirmed

Bug description: