In general nova doesn't support keystone v3 yet.

** Changed in: nova

  launch instance with volume fail when using PKI&V3 with nocatalog
  token

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I want to launch a instance with a bootable volume.
  I get the token by PKI format using V3 commands, but without catalog.

  """
  keystone URL: http://127.0.0.1:35357/v3/auth/tokens?nocatalog
  """

  Then, launch fails, shows that:
  """
  {"badRequest": {"message": "Block Device Mapping is Invalid: failed to get
volume ***.", "code": 400}}
  """

  I traced  it, found that in cinderclient.service_catalog.py, raise the
  exception of "cinderclient.exceptions.EndpointNotFound".

  If I use keystone URL: /v3/auth/tokens, then another exception
raise(exceptions.AmbiguousEndpoints).  see:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-cinderclient/+bug/1263876
  &
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-novaclient/+bug/1154809

  see another bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1186177,  so that I
add the "nocatalog".
  But it will not return endpoints infomation. So nova can't get the cinder
endpoint by PKI format token.

  Although we can use /v3/auth/tokens to avoid it, I still think it is a
  bug once user add "nocatalog" to get a token.