Public bug reported:

We regularly end up with exceptions traces in our test output because
service calls are not properly mocked, but the tests still pass.

For example: bug 1329391 (on-going), bug 1322262, bug 1259533, bug
1255936, ...

We should make the test fail when this happens. It's distracting, makes
the test output harder to understand, means the tests aren't as correct
as expected and in general causes more traces to be added in as people
become less likely to notice their own test added a new trace.

I think maybe this code was related to doing something like this:
https://github.com/openstack/horizon/blob/e790ac070e/openstack_dashboard/test/helpers.py#L127
. Or we could check for stderr output and fail the test then. Or
something else. That makes the test fail.

** Affects: horizon

** Summary changed:

- Improve testing framework: Fail when object is not properly mocked
+ Improve testing framework: Fail when API call is not properly mocked

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon).

  Improve testing framework: Fail when API call is not properly mocked

Status in OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon):