Public bug reported:

Change I8f6a857b88659ee30b4aa1a25ac52d7e01156a68 added typed consoles,
and updated drivers to use them. However, when it touched the VMware
driver, it modified get_vnc_console in VMwareVMOps, but not in
VMwareVCVMOps, which is the one which is actually used.

Incidentally, VMwareVMOps has now been removed, so this type of
confusion should not happen again.

** Affects: nova

  VMware driver doesn't return typed console

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):