Agreed, looks like this is already implemented

** Changed in: nova

** Changed in: python-novaclient

  nova should have a option to reset(or delete) the user quota to
  default

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
  Fix Released
Status in Python client library for Nova:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  At present nova client has following commands for the quota operation.

  $nova --help | grep quota
      quota-defaults      List the default quotas for a tenant.
      quota-show          List the quotas for a tenant.
      quota-update        Update the quotas for a tenant.

  It will be very helpful to have a command to reset(or delete) quota values to
defaults .
  For ex: User who wants to do huge tests on the system and rollback once the
test is done.

  So a new command quota-reset need to be added to the nova client which
  reverts the  quota value supplied for the tenant ,to the default.

  Something similar to nova quota-reset( <tenant-id > <key>)

  we can use nova quota-defaults to list the default quotas then use the
  quota-update to update the quota's to default, but the problem with
  this approach is that if you then change the default quotas, they are
  not reflected for the tenant.

  similar discussion I have started here
  :https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg17306.html