Public bug reported:

There are columns named "State" and "Status" in "Compute Services", "Volume
Services" and "Network Agents" tabs in System Information panel, however the
meaning of these two words are inconsistent.
It makes hard to translate them appropriately and needs to assign the
same/similar words in translations.

"State" in "Compute Services" and "Volume Services" and "Status" in "Network
Agents" are used in the same meaning.
"Status" in "Compute Services" and "Volume Services" and "State" in "Network
Agents" are used in the same meaning.
It is very confusing.

At least we need to use consistent terms in System Information Panel.
I would suggest to swap "Status" and "State" in "Network Agents" tab.

This inconsistency comes from inconsistency wording in back-end API
(nova/cinder and neutron).
nova and cinder use "status" to indicate "administrative mode" which takes
Enabled/Disabled, but Neutron API uses "admin_state_up" in this meaning.
As a long term solution, we need to resolve this kind of API inconsistency
among projects.

** Affects: horizon

** Tags: i18n

** Changed in: horizon
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Akihiro Motoki (amotoki)

** Tags added: i18n

** Changed in: horizon

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon).

  Inconsistent usage of "Status" and "State" in System Info panel makes
  them hard to translate

Status in OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon):