** Also affects: ec2-api

  Nova EC2 doesn't assign a floating IP to an instance being launched

Status in EC2 API:
  New
Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  In EC2 classic mode AWS automatically associates a public IP address
  to an instance being launched. See
  http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/using-instance-
  addressing.html#differences

  Since Nova EC2 emulates EC2 classic mode of AWS (there is no VPC
  support in Nova EC2), it should associate a floating IP as well. But
  it doesn't do this.

  Though Nova has auto_assign_floating_ip parameter which does work
  similar AWS. But it isn't implemented for Neutron networks. And it
  affects both methods of running: EC2 and native Nova. Thus if we want
  a cloud to be AWS compatible, and we use this parameter, we change
  behavior of Nova in it's native part. This may be not desirable.