** Changed in: ec2-api

  EC2 and OS Image APIs use inconsistent IDs

Status in EC2 API:
  Invalid
Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  When retrieving images through the EC2 API, the image id looks like
  "ami-00000001"; when using the OS API it looks like "1".  Sadly the
  EC2 API only accepts the "ami-00000001" format, which means that if
  you query the OS API to get the image (which you have to do to get the
  metadata) you then can't use that image API to create an instance
  (which you have to do to specify an SSH key).  While I can perform the
  same mapping that the EC2 API no doubt does under the covers, I really
  shouldn't have to - I suggest that the EC2 API should be returned in
  the metadata, or the EC2 API create call should accept an OS Image Id.