** Changed in: neutron

  dhcp agent: use the OUTPUT chain instead of POSTROUTING to calculate
  checksum for local dhcp packets

Status in OpenStack Neutron (virtual network service):
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Since Kilo, dhcp agent calculates dhcp packet checksum to hack around
  a bug in libvirt when a packet is sent locally:
  https://review.openstack.org/148718

  There is a comment from Neil there saying: "Did you ever consider
  using the OUTPUT chain instead of POSTROUTING, for this change?  It
  seems to me that that would reduce the impact of the added iptables
  rule, because with OUTPUT it would only hit locally originated
  packets, whereas with POSTROUTING it hits both locally originated and
  forwarded packets."

  If we can indeed avoid the hack for packets that fly thru the real
  network, then it's the better solution. So it should be considered.