Public bug reported:

When SR-IOV introduce in Juno Agent supported only link state change
Some Intel cards don't support setting link state, so to
resolve it the SR-IOV mech driver supports agent and agent less mode.
>From Liberty the SR-IOV agent brings more functionality like
qos and port security so we want to make the agent mandatory

This patch deprecates the agent_required in Liberty
and updates the agent_required default to be True

irc log
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/pci_passthrough/2015/pci_passthrough.2015-06-23-13.09.log.txt.

** Affects: neutron

  SR-IOV: deprecate agent_required option

Status in neutron:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  When SR-IOV introduce in Juno Agent supported only link state change
  Some Intel cards don't support setting link state, so to
  resolve it the SR-IOV mech driver supports agent and agent less mode.
  From Liberty the SR-IOV agent brings more functionality like