Thanks Long Quan Sha,

I added python-glanceclient into the bug and assigned that to you as
that's where your patch is directed to, not glance.

I see two problems here, first you're correct and our client should be
able to handle that situation, but foremost our server should not allow
downloading image while it's still queued.

** Also affects: python-glanceclient

** Changed in: glance
     Assignee: Long Quan Sha (shalq) => (unassigned)

** Changed in: python-glanceclient
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Long Quan Sha (shalq)

** Changed in: glance

** Changed in: python-glanceclient

** Changed in: glance

** Changed in: python-glanceclient

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to Glance.

  download error when the image status is not active

Status in Glance:
  New
Status in python-glanceclient:
  In Progress

Bug description:

  When the locations is blank, downloading image will show python error, but
the error message is not correct.

  [root@vm134 pe]# glance image-show 9be94a27-367f-4a26-ae7a-045db3cb7332
  +------------------+--------------------------------------+
  | Property         | Value                                |
  +------------------+--------------------------------------+
  | checksum         | None                                 |
  | container_format | None                                 |
  | created_at       | 2015-07-02T09:09:22Z                 |
  | disk_format      | None                                 |
  | id               | 9be94a27-367f-4a26-ae7a-045db3cb7332 |
  | locations        | []                                   |
  | min_disk         | 0                                    |
  | min_ram          | 0                                    |
  | name             | test                                 |
  | owner            | e4b36a5b654942328943a835339a6289     |
  | protected        | False                                |
  | size             | None                                 |
  | status           | queued                               |
  | tags             | []                                   |
  | updated_at       | 2015-07-02T09:09:22Z                 |
  | virtual_size     | None                                 |
  | visibility       | private                              |