Public bug reported:

Our LDAP lookup users in group logic assumes that the member attribute
contains the user DN.

https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/master/keystone/identity/backends/ldap.py#L168

However, this is not the case for posixGroup (RFC 2307) where the
memberUid is really the uid of the user, not the DN.

Similarly, when looking up groups for a user, we are assuming the member
attribute contains the user DN

https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/master/keystone/identity/backends/ldap.py#L364

This is not the case for posixAccount where user group membership is
done via uidNumber. In this case, we should first lookup the uidNumber,
then use it to construct the LDAP query to lookup the groups for the
user.

** Affects: keystone

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to Keystone.

  group membership lookup does not support posixGroup (RFC2307)

Status in Keystone: