Public bug reported:

In glance/common/config.py default supported disk_formats are defined:

 image_format_opts = [
    cfg.ListOpt('container_formats',
                default=['ami', 'ari', 'aki', 'bare', 'ovf', 'ova'],
                help=_("Supported values for the 'container_format' "
                       "image attribute"),
                deprecated_opts=[cfg.DeprecatedOpt('container_formats',
                                                   group='DEFAULT')]),
    cfg.ListOpt('disk_formats',
                default=['ami', 'ari', 'aki', 'vhd', 'vmdk', 'raw', 'qcow2',
                         'vdi', 'iso'],
                help=_("Supported values for the 'disk_format' "
                       "image attribute"),
                deprecated_opts=[cfg.DeprecatedOpt('disk_formats',
                                                   group='DEFAULT')]),
 ]

But I can't see where we explain to users how to configure them.

** Affects: glance

** Changed in: glance
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Stuart McLaren (stuart-mclaren)

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to Glance.

  How to set the supported image formats doesn't seem to be documented

Status in Glance:
  In Progress

Bug description: